Summer Research Enhancement Program
A unique training program for students interested in public health prevention research in Native communities
- Center for American Indian Resilience (NAU, UA, & DC; NIH Grant # 5P20MD006872)
- Center for American Indian & Alaskan Native Health at the University of Colorado, Denver (NIH Grant # 2P60MD000507)
- Colorado Clinical & Translational Science Institute at the University of Colorado, Denver
Final Application Deadline: March 17, 2017
Space is limited-Apply early. Program is closed when all positions are filled.
Diné College has developed a model program for training students in public health prevention research. Diné College believes that Native American students are more likely to develop an interest in prevention research if those interests are nurtured in a culturally supportive atmosphere.
The intent of the research training program is twofold:
- To provide health-related research training and research experiences to Native American students, and
- To provide students with a firm grasp of the health and living concepts embedded in traditional Native American life, how they relate to those taught in western academia
2015 Summer Research Enhancement Program Students, Staff and Faculty
If you are an American Indian College Student and have an interest in public health and health research among Native Americans, this opportunity may be for you.
The research program is conducted in a culturally supportive atmosphere where each student is encouraged to adopt a strong multi-cultural approach to public health and health research.
This 10-week program will help students to develop skills and interests in prevention research and participate first hand in community based, on-going research projects at Diné College and at other institutions on the Navajo Nation and in other Native communities.
Heather Dreifuss, MPH
Downloads and Additional Information
Mentor's Video Modules
- Video Module One
- Video Module Two
- Video Module Three
- Video Module Four
- Video Module Five
- All Video Modules