About The Program
The Summer Institute is a two week program to help incoming college freshmen students improve their Accuplacer placement test scores in math, reading & writing. This program also prepares incoming Diné College students to be ready.
2016 Program Dates
The Summer Institute is an intense program with a rigorous schedule, for this reason it requires 100% participation throughout the entire duration of the program.
You must meet all program requirements:
- Admitted to Diné College and have a Diné College student ID number
- An incoming college freshman (You have NEVER attended a college/university)
- Plan to register and enroll at Diné College for the fall 2016 semester
Have taken the Accuplacer Placement Test and placed into 1 or more pre-college courses in reading, writing, math (MTH 100 or lower, FST, ENG100A, ENG100B courses).
- Dual Credit students: All are invited to apply but must meet all student eligibility requirements above
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the Summer Institute program, please complete the application.
- Receive Three (3) college elective credits
- Re-take Accuplacer placement test
- Get an early introduction to college life
- Build a close-knit community with other Diné College freshman
- Save time & money
- Team and leadership building activities
- Program fees, supplies, room and board are fully covered by Diné College's Title III Grant under Student Services
- Out-of-pocket costs include your travel to and from the program & incidental expenses
- Must be admitted to Diné College and have take the Accuplacer placement test
- Students selected on a first come, first serve basis
- Parent/Family Orientation upon arrival
We look forward to receiving your Summer Institute application. Get a positive jump start on your educational path & goals!
Coordinator and Contact
For any questions or more information please call the Student Success Center at (928) 724-6855
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail Application to:
Division of Student Services - Title III
P.O. Box C11
Tsaile, AZ 86556