About The Program
The Summer Institute is a two (2) week program to help freshmen students improve their Accuplacer placement test scores in math, reading & writing. This program also prepares incoming freshmen students to be college ready.
2015 Program Dates
The Summer Institute is an intense program with a rigorous schedule, for this reason it requires 100% participation throughout the entire duration of the program.
You must meet all these requirements:
- Admitted to Diné College and have a Diné College student ID number
- An incoming college freshman (You have NEVER attended a college/university)
- Plan to register and enroll at Diné College for the fall 2015 semester
- Have taken the Accuplacer Placement Test and entered into 1 or more pre-college courses in reading, writing, math (MTH 100 or lower, FST, ENG100A, ENG 100B courses).
If you meet these requirements and are interested in the Summer Institute program, please complete the application.
- Receive Three (3) college elective credits
- Re-take Accuplacer placement test
- Get an early introduction to college life
- Build a close-knit community with other Diné College freshman
- Save time & money
- Team and leadership building activities
- Program fees, supplies, room and board are fully covered by Diné College's Title III Grant under Student Services
- Out-of-pocket costs include your travel to and from the program & incidental expenses
- Must be admitted to Diné College and have take the Accuplacer placement test
- Students selected on a first come, first serve basis
- Parent/Family Orientation upon arrival
We look forward to receiving your Summer Institute application. Apply today and get a positive Jump start on your educational path & goals!
Coordinator and Contact
Verlena J Livingston,
First Year Experience Coordinator
Apryl Joe, Program Manager
Mail Application to:
Division of Student Services - Title III
P.O. Box C11
Tsaile, AZ 86556