General InformationWho We Are
The Diné College Adult Education Program is in partnership with Tepeyac Consortium, Inc., with sites in Shiprock, Crownpoint, Yah-ta-hey, and Zuni. Information about Tepeyac Consortium, Inc., can be found at the following link: http://www.sagell.org
The Diné College Adult Education Program offers free academic classes to adults who do not have their high school diplomas. The Program offers classes to help students prepare for the Official HiSET®, which is one of three high school equivalency tests. Academic classes include: reading, writing, science, social studies, and mathematics.
Our mission is to make students responsible for their own learning by engaging them in their academic and study skills.
Sites and Hours Of Operation
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
***ENROLLMENT IS ONGOING EACH MONTH***
- Students must complete an intake form.
- Students must complete a pre-assessment test.
- Students must attend a scheduled mandatory orientation before they begin classes.
- Students 16 or 17 years of age will need to obtain and complete an Underage Verification Form that is signed by the parent/guardian as well as the Superintendent of the last school they attended.
If you have a documented disability, please notify the data technician and provide documentation at the time that you are applying.
The Adult Education Program is funded by the United States Department of Education through the New Mexico Higher Education Department, Adult Education Division.
HISET® OFFICIAL EXAM
Diné College, Shiprock Campus, is a Testing Site for HiSET®. You can register and schedule for the official exam at www.hiset.ets.org . You must use a Credit/Debit card to pay for your exams. If you have a documented disability and need testing accommodations, please notify the HiSET® company and complete the accommodations form from the website www.hiset.ets.org Approval for accommodations may take 6 weeks or longer before you can take the HiSET® exam.
TRANSCRIPT AND DIPLOMA REQUESTS
New Mexico GED® or HISET® Transcripts and Diplomas must be requested through www.diplomasender.com. Transcripts cost $18.00 each. You can also request for a copy of your diploma at a cost of $18.00 each. You must use a Credit/Debit card to purchase your requests. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your email address
- Date of Birth
- Name at the time tested
- State where tested
- Identification number (usually Social Security Number)
- Name and address of the recipient, who and where the official transcript is to be sent. Usually “Official Transcript” means a formal, paper copy. Before having a transcript sent by Fax or e-mail, check with recipient to find out if this is a valid form for them.
Director & Contact
Thomas Bennett, AE Director
Tomasina Begay, Data Technician
Alice Wagner, AE Instructor
Jervis Garfield, AE Instructor