Center for Diné Teacher Education
- Families of instruction
- Direct instruction lesson plan template
- Inquiry instruction lesson plan template
- Unit plan template
- Sample unit plan
Apprenticeship I-III & Student Teaching 2015-16
- Apprenticeship I packet
- Apprenticeship II packet
- Apprenticeship III packet
- Full-time student teaching overview
- http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/. Information about teacher licensure in the state of Arizona.
- http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/certificate-requirement/endorsements/. Information about endorsements in the state of Arizona.
- http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Fingerprint/. Everything you need to know about getting an AZ fingerprint clearance card from the Department of Public Safety.
- http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/2012/08/28/native-american-language-teacher-certification/. Information, specifically, about Native American Language Teacher Certification in Arizona.
- http://www.ankn.uaf.edu. Resources for culturally-inclusive teaching and learning for Native Alaskan students, applicable to Navajos and other American Indians.
- http://www.ascd.org/professional-development/webinars/ascd-webinar-archive.aspx. Free online professional development webinars by the Association on Curriculum and Supervision Development (ASCD) on parental involvement and many other connected topics.
- http://navajonationdode.org/resources.aspx. Information about and application for taking Navajo Language Proficiency Test. Click on Resources, then NALCC Procedures & Verification, download application. The application has information about the Navajo Nation's Navajo Oral Language Proficiency Test. The test is required for a Navajo Bilingual Teaching Endorsement in Arizona or New Mexico, as well as Arizona's Native American Language Teacher Certificate. The test is offered on the third Tuesday of every month at the Navajo Nation Education Center in Window Rock, from 8:30-3:30. Call ahead to make a testing appointment. Contact Afton Sells at: 928.871.7683. Costs $25 (payable by money order only).
- http://www.glsen.org. Resources for teaching respect about gender education and sexuality issues.
- http://www.northstarlearning.com. Information and practice tests on Student Development and Learning and The Professional Environment.
- http://www.rethinkingschools.org. A wealth of resources on multicultural teaching.
- http://sheg.stanford.edu. Stanford History Education Project. Awesome resources for implementing project approaches to teaching history and social studies.
- http://www.tolerance.org. Thought-provoking news, resources, and support for teachers who care about diversity and respect for difference in K-12 schools.
- http://www.zinnedproject.org. Resources for multicultural social studies lessons.
AA in Education
- EDU 200 Foundations of Education
- EDU 238 Children and Youth Literature
- EDU 240 Introduction to Special Education
- EDU 261 Technology in Education
- EDU 297 Practicum in Education
AA in Early Childhood Education
- ECE 111 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- ECE 116 Language, Literacy, and Cognitive Development
- ECE 225 Child Growth and Development
- ECE 235 Ké, Ádaa’, Ákohwiindzin, Social Development, and Community
- ECE 245 Wellness and Special Needs for Young Children
- ECE 108 Field Experience B-5
- ECE 110 Field Experience K-3
BA in Elementary Education
- EDU 345 Understanding Human Development in Schools
- EDU 352 Methods for Teaching Diné Educational Philosophy
- EDU 353 Diversity in Navajo and American Indian Education
- EDU 354 Emergent Literacy, Language Learning, and Assessment in Bilingual/ESL Settings
- EDU 358 Field Experience I
- EDU 360 Special Education in Indigenous Classrooms
- EDU 361 Methods for Language Diverse Students I
- EDU 362 Integrated Elementary Teacher Methods for Bilingual/ESL Classrooms I
- EDU 374 Bilingual/ESL Reading Methods, Management, and Assessment
- EDU 378 Field Experience II
- EDU 474 Bilingual/ESL Writing Methods, Management, and Assessment
- EDU 475 Methods for Language Diverse Students II
- EDU 476 SEI/ESL for Linguistically Diverse Learners in Bilingual Settings
- EDU 477 Integrated Elementary Teacher Methods for Bilingual/ESL Classrooms II
- EDU 478 Field Experience III
Chair and Contact
Center for Diné Teacher Education
6th Floor, Ned Hatathli Center (NHC)
PO Box C-15
Tsaile, AZ 86556
Ph.D., University of New Mexico