AA in Early Childhood Education
- ECE 108 Field Experience B-5
- ECE 110 Field Experience K-3
- ECE 111 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- ECE 116 Language, Literacy, and Cognitive Development
- ECE 220
- ECE 225 Child Growth and Development
- ECE 235 Ké, Ádaa’, Ákohwiindzin, Social Development, and Community
- ECE 245 Wellness and Special Needs for Young Children
BA in Elementary Education
- http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/. Information about teacher licensure in the state of Arizona.
- https://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/forms-and-information/endorsements. Information about endorsements in the state of Arizona.
- http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Fingerprint/. Everything you need to know about getting an AZ fingerprint clearance card from the Department of Public Safety.
- https://www.azed.gov/sites/default/files/2017/04/Requirements%20for%20Certificate%20-%20Native%20American%20Language.pdf. Information, specifically, about Native American Language Teacher Certification in Arizona.
- http://www.ascd.org/professional-development/webinars/ascd-webinar-archive.aspx. Free online professional development webinars by the Association on Curriculum and Supervision Development (ASCD) on parental involvement and many other connected topics.
- http://navajonationdode.org/resources/. Information about and application for taking Navajo Language Proficiency Test. Click on Resources, then NALCC Procedures & Verification, download application. The application has information about the Navajo Nation’s Navajo Oral Language Proficiency Test. The test is required for a Navajo Bilingual Teaching Endorsement in Arizona or New Mexico, as well as Arizona’s Native American Language Teacher Certificate. The test is offered on the third Tuesday of every month at the Navajo Nation Education Center in Window Rock, from 8:30-3:30. Call ahead to make a testing appointment. Contact Afton Sells at: 928.871.7683. Costs $25 (payable by money order only).
- http://www.glsen.org. Resources for teaching respect about gender education and sexuality issues.
- http://www.rethinkingschools.org. A wealth of resources on multicultural teaching.
- http://sheg.stanford.edu. Stanford History Education Project. Awesome resources for implementing project approaches to teaching history and social studies.
- http://www.tolerance.org. Thought-provoking news, resources, and support for teachers who care about diversity and respect for difference in K-12 schools.
- http://www.zinnedproject.org. Resources for multicultural social studies lessons.
- http://www.onlinecolleges.net/degrees/early-childhood-education/. Resources for ECE online courses.