The Residence Life Program is committed to providing a safe and healthy living environment that is supportive of a student’s academic pursuits while contributing to personal growth.
Our main campus is located in the four corners area nestled in the beautiful Chuska Mountain Range in rural Northeastern Arizona. Diné College provides nine residential halls, accommodating a maximum of 251 vacancies per semester for students at the main campus in Tsaile. Unfortunately, there are no housing accommodations for our community campuses at this time. Only Full-time students committed to 12-credits or more per semester during the Fall/Spring Semesters and students committed to 6-credit hours or more during the Summer Sessions are eligible to apply for student housing.
Student Hall Housing
Single housing accommodates single adult students without dependents. Each room is set for double-occupancy and consists of two twin beds, two dressers, two desks, and two closets. There is a shared bathroom between every two rooms.
Student Family Housing
Twenty-eight (28) units are available for students with families at the Tsaile Campus, consisting of two and three bedrooms. All units are furnished with a queen-sized bed and dresser in the Master Bedroom, a bunkbed and one dresser in each bedroom. Other furnishings include a desk, kitchen table/chairs, and living room furnishings (sofa, end table, and coffee table). There are two (2) American with Disabilities
Act (ADA) compliant units to ensure accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
Housing Application Procedures and Eligibility Requirements
Priority is for full-time (12+ credit hours) students, however, part-time students will be considered if
there is availability. Students must be 18 years of age or older to apply for housing. Part-time students
are required to complete and submit a Below Hours Petition Form to be considered. Students must
submit the following for consideration for Housing.
- Completed and signed application – See “Apply for Housing”
- Married student applying for family housing must provide a marriage certificate/license, a certified court order of a traditional wedding or common law marriage or birth certificate listing both parents.
- Background check clearance – all students 18 years of age and older will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to moving into Residence Life Housing (clearance must contain a 5-year history)
- Diné College Official Class schedule
- Verification of Funding Sources (i.e. Financial Aid Award letter, Check stubs, other scholarships, etc.)
- Verification of COVID19 vaccination for those 16 years of age and older in household. All eligible residents must be fully vaccinated before living on-campus.
- Enrollment verification from child(ren) school. Only dependent children still in school (KG to 12-grade will be eligible to live in Student Family Housing with their parent(s)/guardian (must provide proof of guardianship).
- Security Deposit Receipt
It is the responsibility of the student to complete a housing application and attach all required supporting documents. Only complete housing applications will be accepted. Housing application and supporting documents can be emailed to email@example.com. Diné College does not guarantee housing.
Residence Life requires a security deposit for Student Housing. All deposits are due prior to move in.
- Residence Halls Security Deposit: $150
- Student Family Housing Deposit: $250
- Tséch’il (Oak) Hall :
- Ndíshchíí’ (Pine) Hall : Co-ed
- T’iisbéí (Aspen) Hall : Honor’s Co-ed
- Ch’ó (Spruce) Hall : Office
- T’iistsoh (Cottonwood) Hall : Co-ed
- Gad (Juniper) Hall : Co-ed
- Sáá’ (Maple) Hall : Co-ed
- T’iisbáhí (Cedar) Hall : Female
- K’ai’ (Willow) Hall : Co-ed
- Deestsiin (Pinon) Hall : Co-ed
Residence Life Program Documents
Housing Office: Spruce Hall
Residence Life Office:
Located at Spruce Hall
Diné College Residence Life
1 Circle Dr.
P.O. Box # C-22
Tsaile, AZ 86556