Dual Credit Program
About Our Dual Credit Program
Through the Diné College Dual Credit Program, high school students can get a jump start on college by earning college credits while still attending high school. Courses offered through Diné College, range from Navajo Language and Culture to College Mathematics to Speech Communication.
Dual credit is a process by which a high school junior or senior enrolls in a Diné College (secondary school) course and receives concurrent academic credit for the course from both the college and the high school. The dual credit courses are taught on a Diné College campus or on the high school campus only. This allows a high school student to receive both high school and college credit. The high school courses are aligned with the Diné College curriculum. Dual credit students earn college credit immediately upon successful course completion.
After you graduate high school, you can continue taking classes at Dine College and work toward a certificate or degree. The college classes taken while you were in high school will be counted toward your Dine College degree. Your credits may also transfer to a different college or university.
Benefits of Dual Enrollment
- Access to College Resources: Dual credit students are official college students with access to the full range of services offered by Diné College. These include use of DC Student Success, academic support, the Pinto Library resources, gym facilities, computer labs, and all Diné College Campuses and Centers.
- Transferability: Dual credit courses are fully transferable to New Mexico and Arizona colleges and universities and generally transferable to other colleges and universities throughout the United States. All classes must align with Diné College curriculum; therefore, all these courses articulate with New Mexico and Arizona colleges and universities.
- Convenience: Courses are taught at the high school campuses or at Diné College campuses depending on the individual high school arrangements.
- Closeness to Home: Students learn what college professors expect while still in familiar surroundings.
- Low Cost: Taking dual credit courses costs are basically free or substantially less than taking courses at many colleges and universities.
- Student Success: Successful completion of college-level courses helps you to be successful in making the transition to a college campus later. You will have acquired the confidence to succeed academically and personally in college.
Coordinator & Contact
M.S., Grand Canyon University
Diné College: Dual Credit Program
P.O. Box 127
Tsaile, AZ 86556