New Student Application Process
STEP 5 – Submit In-Progress High School Transcript
Diné College Mission
Rooted in Diné language and culture, our mission is to advance quality post-secondary student learning and development to ensure the well being of the Diné People.
Diné College Dual Credit Program’s Operation Statement
The Diné College Dual Credit Program provides high school students with geographically feasible and affordable access to a quality post-secondary education.
Diné College Dual Credit Program’s Vision Statement
Diné College believes the Dual Credit Program will become a stepping-stone from high school to college, by serving as a pathway to academic degree programs or college-level courses.
- Must be an enrolled student within a partnering high school
- 2.0 GPA and/or Principal/Guidance Counselor Approval
High school purchases books and is responsible for dual credit resource material.
Examples of Diné College Dual Credit Courses
- NAV 101 Navajo as a Second Language I (4)
- NAV 102 Navajo as a Second Language II (4)
- ENG 101 Freshman English I (3)
- ENG 102 Freshman English II (3)
- MTH 110 College Algebra (4)
Initially, all enrollment, registration, and tuition fees are waived by Diné College. After the high school student successfully completes the course, Diné College is reimbursed for costs from:
- New Mexico: State of New Mexico Legislation – TCU Fund
- Arizona: Arizona State Legislation – Unclaimed Lottery Funds
- Pinon High School
- Tuba City High School
- Dził Ditł’ooí School of Empowerment, Action and Perseverance (DEAP) School
- Many Farms High School
- Rock Point High School
- St. Pius X High School
- Navajo Preparatory School
- Nizhóní Christian Academy (NCA)
- Northwest High School