Sa’ah Naaghai Bik’eh Hozhoo
The educational philosophy of Diné College “Sa’ah Naaghai Bik’eh Hozhoo”, the Diné traditional living system, places Dine’ life in harmony with the natural world and the universe. This unique educational philosophy and mission is grounded in Navajo cultural traditions. The philosophy provides principles both for protection from the imperfections in life and for the development of well-being. The Diné Educational Philosophy, developed by Navajo cultural specialists, represents the essence of the Navajo outlook on life. The core of this philosophy is expressed in concepts and values associated with natural processes identified with the four cardinal directions, including such processes as the daily cycle of day and night and the annual cycle of the seasons. Diné College fulfills its mission by using the Sa’ah Naaghái Bik’eh Hozhoo principle as a framework to educate its students:
- Nitsáhákees (Thinking), Nahat’á (Planning), Iiná (Living) and Sihasin (Assuring)
- Studying Diné language, history, and culture
- Preparing for further studies and employment in a multi-cultural and technological world
- Fostering social responsibility, community service and scholarly research that contribute to the social, economic and cultural well being of the Navajo Nation.
This philosophy guides all aspects of Diné College’s educational planning activities, as well as priority setting and implementation of research projects.
- Returning for Fall or Spring
- Think about your goals (Long term / Short term)
- Choose the right major
- Plan Ahead
- Re-apply / Re-new – Beginning each January for the next Academic Year.
- Student(s) apply for FSA ID. If dependent, parent(s) will have to apply as well.
- Federal Student Aid FAFSA on the Web Federal School Code: 008246
- Tribal Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
- Complete and submit all financial aid documents in a timely manner
Throughout your academic career you will:
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP),
- Understand the financial aid application cycle,
- Follow your degree checklist / program of study
Siih Hasin (Assuring)
When you complete the cycle of Sa’ah Naaghai Bek’eh Hozhoon, we:
- Prepared you for further studies and employment in a multi-cultural and technological world
- Contributed to your success through financial resources
- Helped you to understand the financial aid application cycle
- Made you aware of what could affect your eligibility, and
- Contributed to your educational goal of obtaining a Certification or Associate’s degree.