Virtual Faculty Development provides teaching and learning resources online, from resources organized by topic to online workshops and modules. It ensures you have access to teaching support and learning opportunities from anywhere. For suggestions or questions about Virtual Faculty Development opportunities, contact.
These teaching and learning resource collections include teaching tips, books, videos, podcasts, tools and other materials by topic so that you can read in line, watch during lunch or listen on your commute.
- Academic Integrity, Plagiarism and Cheating
- Active Learning
- Active Learning in Large Classrooms
- Authentic Assessment
- Behavior Issues and Mental Health
- Bookends: Beginning and Ending a Semester
- Difficult Conversations in the Classroom
- Embodied Learning, Empathy and Emotion
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness
- General Education
- Hybrid and Blended Teaching
- Inclusive Practices and Diversity
- Learning How to Learn
- Lecture, Presentation, and Storytelling
- Library Resources as Teaching Tools
- Open Educational Resources
- Productivity and Teaching Hacks
- Reading and Writing
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Service and Experiential Learning
- Social Media and Twitter
- Student Success and Engagement
- Syllabus Design
- Teaching in STEM
- Teaching with Technology
- Universal Design for Learning
Diné College Web Resources Library
In order to make teaching and learning resources more searchable, accessible, and current, there online resources on Google Drive to the public CETL at Diné College Web Resources folder(link). Browse resources organized by topic, search the folder by keyword, and save files of interest by downloading them or adding them to your My Drive.
Some resources available
- Teaching strategies, from our Weekly Teaching Tips series(link)
- Quick Notes(link), which are brief, visual guides to teaching concepts and university processes
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning(link)(SoTL)
- Resources for new faculty, syllabus development(link)
Faculty Online Resources
These online workshops are made in eSpace to connect faculty and staff to learning opportunities online—anywhere, anytime. They build off of workshops offered on-campus to include teaching ideas, tool examples, and practical resources to help put workshop ideas into action right away. See also the opportunities to ask questions and share ideas with facilitators and fellow faculty.
Faculty Orientation Online
This interactive orientation introduces you to DC and our students, plus provides support for planning your first semester of teaching: syllabus development, Blackboard, teaching with technology, classroom technology support, and more.
Hybrid Teaching at DC Course
Whether new to hybrid teaching or seasoned in this blended approach, view example online activities and teaching tools to help you plan hybrid courses at.
Digital Accessibility Course
Our Digital Accessibility Workshop is now offered online, with additional simulations, tools, guides, and “check your knowledge” quizzes. Learn more about Digital Accessibility at Diné College(link).
Online Course Available: (link)
To supplement our on-campus workshops and provide teaching resources for faculty unable to attend these workshops, we offer online modules that that equip faculty to plan teaching strategies based on current data on student learning.
- Planning for Learning
- Integrating Online Technology for Learning
- Assessing for Learning
- Teaching for Learning
- Exploring for Learning
We offer video recordings of our workshops, along with workshop slide presentations and handouts, and on our (link) to accommodate faculty unable to attend the on-campus workshops. For visitors beyond Diné College, contact Person(email link).