The health of the Diné College community is our priority
This website will be updated regularly with information about the Novel Coronavirus affecting the Diné College community. The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention has the most up-to-date information about the status of the Novel Coronavirus in the US.
Diné College is taking the Coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. The college has taken steps to ensure the safety and health of our students and staff. For now, classes will not be cancelled, travel will not be prohibited and employees are required to report to their work stations.
- Diné College is reviewing our policies and procedures to ensure that we are prepared if students or staff become ill from COVID-19.
- Our custodial services have increased their cleaning schedule in high traffic areas. Our staff are reviewing all campus sites to ensure supplies are available for sanitation. The institution is abiding by the CDC guidelines.
- The institution has implemented an emergency response plan should COVID-19 spread happen at our location or nearby vicinity.
Diné College is following the guidance that is provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Navajo Nation Department of Health, and taking preventive actions to temporarily cancel College sponsored events and limiting socialization on College campuses and sites. The preventive measure is to safeguard the health and well being of our College community and Navajo communities.
If you have symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus, please contact the local health care center prior to your arrival to a hospital facility:
Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center:
New Mexico COVID-19 Hotline:
Navajo Nation COVID-19 Hotline:
Chinle Comprehensive Health Care Facility
Crownpoint Health Care Facility
Fort Defiance Indian Hospital Board, INC
Gallup Indian Medical Center
Kayenta Health Center
Northern Navajo Medical Center
Tuba City Regional Health Care
Utah Navajo Health System
Winslow Indian Health Care Center
Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center
New Mexico Coronavirus Hotline
Sign up for Alert Media to receive important communications and emergency notices. To sign-up, visit the Diné College Alert Notification to register: https://dashboard.alertmedia.com/public?ecust=6821ab1cea92f457b95185238126c78b
If you still have questions, contact your department supervisor or manager.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO COVID-19 DEVELOPMENT & IMPACT WITHIN THE COMMUNITY!
This continues to be rapidly evolving situation and it is difficult to anticipate what the future may hold. We encourage you to monitor developments through the State Department and CDC websites. Students who are traveling should, in addition to taking recommended measures to prevent getting sick, take basic precautions to prepare for potential travel disruptions.
Please continue to maintain daily personal hygiene similar to seasonal flu prevention to avoid the spread of the coronavirus. These actions include:
- Washing hands for 20 seconds.
- Using hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding shaking hands.
- Disinfecting frequently touched objects using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
- Staying home when you are sick and avoiding close contact with those who are sick.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Maintain good hydration by drinking plenty of fluids.
- Being current on your influenza vaccinations as the symptoms can be confused with COVID-19.